Diversion: Gourmet Soup


on ,

No comments



Picture a woman standing at the stove cooking lunch. What comes to mind?

a) A mother in her apron fixing lunch for kids and hubby?
b) A sleepy student throwing a meal together before rushing off to class?
c) A busy career woman trying her hand at a homemade meal for a change?
d) Or do you think of yourself (if you're a woman) creating a work of genius?

The correct answer is d)!! And I had one of those rare moments in my kitchen today as I concocted genius in a pot! (Note: I don't really take myself so seriously, and in moments like these I can't help but laugh at myself as I sit here writing.)

So what was this marvellous work of art I created? Check it out:

- 1 can of Heinz tomato soup - emptied into a pot and slowly heating on the stove
- 1 can-full of water and/or plain soy milk - added to the soup
- 1 large garlic clove - chopped and added to the soup
- 1 large tomato - diced and added to the soup
- 1 teaspoon each of parsley, basil, rosemary, and garlic powder - all added to the soup

Slowly heat the soup until it begins to simmer. Take a minute to make everyone in the house enjoy the aroma and praise you for your genius. Remove it from the stove and top it with a tiny bit of your favourite cheese (cheddar, parmesan, gouda, etc.) or with a drop of sour cream, and be sure to take enough for yourself before the others get their hands on it!!